Wednesday, April 21, 2010

R.I.P Guru



A lot of you know by now, On Monday it was a sad day for hip-hop, Gang Starr's Guru passed away on Monday at the age of 43. I will always remember Guru and Gang Starr as the ones that made me not stop listening to hip-hop. My Favorite song by Gang Starr was and always will be is skillz. The song has a lot of meaning to me because it was one of the first songs I started listening to when I started to listen to hip-hop. R.I.P Guru

This is what DJ Premier had to say about Guru
"I will celebrate Guru's life ... I will honor his memory ... I will grieve with the Elam family over his untimely death ... I will remember the Gang Starr foundation and all of the original members of Gang Starr who came before me — we all know each other ... mostly, I will cherish everything we created together as Gang Starr, forever. I'm gonna miss hearing his signature monotone voice when he walks in the room, but the songs will always bring it back to me ... His rhyme flows were insane, and I will never remove him from my heart and soul. Rest in peace to the man who felt 'satisfaction from the street crowd reaction.' I love you Goo ... DJ Premier."

You can find out more HERE
-James

No comments: