Saturday, November 14, 2009

Skratch Bastid and Screamin' Jay Hawkins?



This is Skratch Bastid, Scratch (from The Roots), and DJ Starting From Scratch throwing a track together. They just start flippin' the song "I Put a Spell on You" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins into a really dope track. Check it out. This should be inspiration to get out and start collabing with your friends, kiddos.

Here's a Skratch Bastid Remix of Kardinal Offishal's "Clear" http://www.sendspace.com/file/tj4h77. It isn't the song in the video, but it's pretty good. The beat reminds me of Planet Rock. Party people can y'all get funky? Yeeeaaaah.

I'll post the remix of this Screamin' Jay Hawkins track when it gets released. It's gonna be hot. Props to Potholes in My Blog for the original post.

-Pres

(After-post edit): Check out the guy who is playing the Screamin' Jay Hawkins track (DJ Starting From Scratch, I believe) when they start jamming. He's playing serato like an instrument. Definitely ill.

No comments: