Friday, March 19, 2010

Finger Drumming 101

How to do mpc pad finger drumming from Brandon Murphy on Vimeo.

I have always been impressed with people who can play the drums on an MPC and make it sound like the real thing. I've also never really had a great method to putting my drums together for ease of use with a midi controller. This guy, Brandon Murphy, produces music and has been using an MPC for awhile. In this video he explains a method that he uses to make drumming on an MPC (or MPD) both easier and more realistic sounding. I'm gonna see if I can rock this in Ableton using Drum Racks.

Next step: playing the MPC with one hand while looping piano chord progressions and doing jazz improv with the other like Miles. I have my work cut out for me. Definitely check it out. There's some good info here.

Also, get outside. It's so nice out today in Burlington.

-Pres

No comments: