Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Producer: MILES HOOPER


I started my interested in making beats after I saw how much fun one of my friends was having sampling sounds off records. I started playing around with it but didn't have a good basis of knowledge as to how to use the equipment and the structure. When I moved to burlington for school, I became firmiliar with the LAB and Derrick, so I began taking classes as a Burlington College student. The Lab was where I learned methods for sampling, layering, building the beat and recording. This opportunity has been an essential stepping stone to where I am today as a producer and recording artist.


Currently I am part of a team that has been making some uplifting, soulful and simply amazing tunes out of my little home studio over on Cedar street. My homie Es-k and I hold down the production with the help of skilled musician from around the way. We got a few talented female vocalist, and the Milkman is always in pocket! Its pretty cool when technology allows you to make music out of your own home. Music for me..... Is what it does to your body and the feeling it gives you! I can't help myself sometimes, I just gotta move! I love the natural high you get from hearing music made with love and emotion and that's what I strive for. I love getting up with everyone huddled around the mic, flowing off some true inspiration. I listen to the stuff I've made and like what the TheCedarStreetCongregation has put together. I hope you do toooooo!!!!!  Peace

CHECK OUT A FEW SONGS I PRODUCED!!!

10 Another Day (Sonja) by The Lab Music School

09 Let's Have a Party by The Lab Music School

01 It's the Congo by The Lab Music School

No comments: